The only online Ivy League master’s degree in Computer Science designed for students without a Computer Science background.
The online Master of Computer and Information Technology degree (MCIT Online) is an online masters degree in Computer Science tailored for non-Computer Science majors. Offered by the University of Pennsylvania, this new program brings the long-running, established on-campus MCIT degree online. The MCIT Online program empowers students without computer science backgrounds to succeed in computing and technology fields. MCIT Online students come from diverse academic backgrounds ranging from business and history to chemistry and medicine.
Computer science might not be in your past, but it will be in your future. Technology has an immense impact on our lives, and is creating fields and positions that didn’t exist five years ago. Equipped with a competitive computer science degree, MCIT Online graduates will be uniquely positioned to fill roles in finance, healthcare, education, and government, as well as in the core software development industry. Exposure to real-world projects throughout the program will prepare students to utilize skills that positively impact society.
This program fosters a rich and inclusive community for students, granting access to core university services that support their well-being and future career goals. This support, combined with a strong alumni network and career services, prepares students to succeed even if they are new to the tech industry. Upon completion of the degree, on-campus MCIT alumni have gone on to earn jobs with competitive salaries at leading technology companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Oracle and Bloomberg.
What makes this degree unique?
- Ivy League Quality It’s a first-of-its-kind program that offers an Ivy League master’s degree in Computer Science designed for non-CS majors.
- Built Around Your Schedule The coursework is 100 percent online. You’ll benefit from the same high-quality instruction as on-campus students and graduate with the same degree. The diploma does not indicate whether the degree was earned online or on-campus.
- Accessible Pricing At $26,300 for tuition and fees, the cost of the MCIT Online degree is significantly less than on-campus alternatives and most online master’s degrees in Computer Science.
- Faculty Access You’ll get access to world-renowned instructors through discussion forums and live office hours.
- Try before you apply Penn Engineering offers an online Computational Thinking for Problem Solving course on Coursera to help you decide whether the program is the right fit before you apply.
- Real-world, project-based learning Core courses and electives blend computer science theory and applied, project-based learning. You’ll have the chance to use real-world tools and environments such as TensorFlow and Amazon Cloud.